This presentation provides an overview of:
- What types of transactions are subject to the PPSA
- How to create a security interest
- The governing law in a multi-province transaction
- Registering a multi-province transaction
- What to do when a debtor changes its location, name or legal form or the location of collateral changes?
- What to expect when you receive an opinion letter?
- The use of standard contract templates
- Setting-up a security in PPSA jurisdictions
- Analyzing reports in common law jurisdictions: what you are required to verify?
Presented by Bruce Darlington at the Canadian Institute Financement et les Sûretés Conference.