The Davis LLP Technology & Outsourcing Practice Group includes practitioners, each with years of experience serving technology users and suppliers of technology, in all of the legal specialties required to service technology-driven transactions, including corporate finance, intellectual property, tax, employment, securities, competition, immigration and dispute management.
We seek to organize our resources so as to provide clients with the depth and expertise characteristic of a highly specialized “boutique,” along with the breadth and capability of a large, full-service national firm. We aim to provide rigorously effective solutions which anticipate future developments and other needs.
We help clients by:
- Preparing, structuring and negotiating large and complex outsourcing transactions
- Structuring and negotiating complex mergers and acquisitions with important and strategic IT components attached thereto and related integration issues
- Providing advice on the procurement of IT services and products
- Advising on biotechnology and life science activities
- Providing advice on confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate and personal data and IT security issues generally
- Advising on Internet and e-commerce activities
- Funding the business from seed stage through successive rounds of venture capital
- Establishing, protecting, enforcing and commercializing intellectual property
- Negotiating strategic and collaborative partnerships to extract maximum value from intellectual capital.