Members of our Securities Litigation Practice Group act for market participants in a wide range of litigation and regulatory matters before all levels of Canadian courts and US Federal and State courts, securities commissions in Canada and the United States, and self-regulatory organizations.
Clients have included public issuers, their directors and officers, broker dealers and registrants, institutional and individual shareholders, and bidders and target companies.
Our team draws on firm-wide resources who have relevant experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate securities, corporate governance and class actions to create comprehensive strategies for our clients.
We provide effective problem-solving techniques in numerous matters including:
- shareholder disputes in public and private companies including oppression remedy, derivative action and winding-up proceedings
- regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings on behalf of issuers and their directors and officers, broker dealers and registrants
- contested take-over bids
- prescriptive advice on regulatory compliance matters, corporate governance and share transfers
- securities class actions
- dealer-client litigation
- corporations’ applications including plans of arrangement, amalgamations and winding-ups
- commercial disputes between issuers
- limited partnership litigation
- valuation of shares and corporate assets