The Davis LLP International Law & Trade Group provides international trade dispute resolution services and acts in an advisory capacity on other international matters. The Group advises both private and public sector organizations and focuses on:
- Representing Canadian and foreign organizations in anti-dumping and countervailing duty cases before Canadian authorities and courts.
- Representing private sector and government organizations in Investor State arbitrations under the North American Free Trade Agreement’s (NAFTA) Chapter 11or other bilateral treaties.
- Advising private-sector entities and provincial governments on the WTO and NAFTA implications of proposed contractual arrangements, policies and legislation.
- Advising private-sector organizations with respect to World Trade Organization Agreement issues.
- Advising individuals and private-sector organizations on the rights provided to them by international treaties, including how they can use the dispute resolution mechanisms established under those treaties to enforce those rights.