The Davis LLP Employment & Labour Law Practice Group provides innovative strategic advice, dispute resolution and negotiating expertise to management and government in all aspects of business employment relations.
Our lawyers who practice in this area have diverse backgrounds in labour and employment and related areas such as employee benefits and pensions, executive compensation, governance, human rights and privacy.
Our clients include publicly owned utilities, school boards and large associations, as well as employers at all levels of business and industry. We also act for municipal governments, native organizations, and various government agencies. We regularly:
- Appear as advocates before labour boards and arbitrators, human rights tribunals and other statutory tribunals and the court in both the federal and provincial jurisdictions
- Advise on personnel reorganization programs, employment contracts, employment termination procedures and wrongful dismissal litigation
- Advise on employment and human resources policies
- Represent clients in all aspects of human rights
- Advise on compliance with Employment Standards, Workers’ Compensation and other labour legislation
- Negotiate and advise on administration of collective agreements
- Assist with the negotiation, conciliation and arbitration of strikes and lockout situations
- Provide a full range of services in employee benefits including representing pension advisors and acting on insurance and disability issues
- Advise on privacy and confidential information issues relevant to employers.