Larry Robinson, Q.C., is counsel in the Calgary office of Davis LLP.
Larry specializes in insolvency matters and has an extensive background in corporate and commercial transactions with a particular emphasis on corporate reorganization, creditor realizations, enforcement of security and insolvency-related litigation representing financial institutions, debtors and creditors, receivers, trustees and monitors.
He has been involved in many of the larger insolvencies and debt restructurings in Canada representing receivers, trustees, major secured creditors or other significant stakeholders.
Larry is a member of The Insolvency Institute of Canada, an organization of senior insolvency practitioners, and INSOL International and has been recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of insolvency in the following industry publications:
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Insolvency & Financial Restructuring; Insolvency & Financial Restructuring - Insolvency Litigation), Consistently Recommended, 2011-2012
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2011
- Lexpert's Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
- The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers
- The International Who's Who of Insolvency and Restructuring Lawyers
- Chambers Global: The World's Guide to Leading Lawyers
Larry frequently gives lectures and authors materials for programs on insolvency issues for various professional groups.
For many years, he was an instructor in the Alberta Bar Admission Course on the topics of bankruptcy and receivership.