Justin Mooney is a partner in the Toronto office of Davis LLP. His practice is focused on corporate/commercial and real estate matters, and he is qualified to practise law in Ontario, as well as England and Wales. In 2012, Justin has been named one of the Lexpert® Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40.
Justin provides practical general counsel to owner-operated businesses while also advising clients located in Canada and around the globe, in particular in the United States, Japan and Europe, concerning Canadian business law matters such as:
- asset and share mergers, acquisitions and sale transactions;
- equity and debt financing, including secured lending involving both real and personal property;
- establishing and structuring new ventures for both start-ups and foreign companies commencing operations in Canada;
- real estate purchases, sales and financings;
- commercial lease matters;
- partnerships and joint ventures;
- franchise matters; and
Justin joined Davis in 2000 upon completion of law school. In 2008-2009, Justin practised as a senior associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions and Funds Structuring Practice Groups of a major international law firm in London, UK.
Justin was a founding Director of both East Coast Connected and The Richmond Hill Philharmonic Orchestra. He served terms as Chair of the Board of both The Richmond Hill Philharmonic Orchestra and ArrayMusic, and is now an advisor to the Board of The Richmond Hill Philharmonic Orchestra. Justin was also involved for a number of years with Trailblazers, an organization that takes visually impaired people on tandem bike rides.
Justin is also an avid traveller, and makes annual trips to Brazil to visit family.