Chris Bennett is the head of the firm's IT Law Group and Trade-marks Law Group, and a member of the firm's Intellectual Property, Technology & Outsourcing, Video Games & Interactive Entertainment, and Franchise & Distribution Law Groups. He is also the Chair of the firm's Environmental Sustainability Task Force.
Chris primarily advises clients in connection with the following:
- creating, protecting, enforcing and commercializing intellectual property (IP) and technology (IT)
- developing, distributing, licensing and supporting software, video games and other technology
- negotiating IT outsourcing and services agreements
- negotiating athlete, event and corporate sponsorship agreements
- negotiating gift card agreements and drafting gift card terms
- complying with privacy legislation and drafting privacy consents and privacy policies
- complying with promotional contest laws and drafting contest rules and waivers
- establishing and protecting internet-based businesses, franchise systems and other distribution systems
Chris is recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading lawyer in both Information Technology Law and Intellectual Property Law, by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a Leading Practitioner in Computer and IT Law, and by American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell as a Top Rated Lawyer in Canada. He is also AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.