Business Services Professionals are an integral part of Davis LLP. Our staff provides essential services that support the firm’s mission statement, practice groups and individual practices, as well as the daily operations of the firm.
Our Business Services includes Human Resources, Finance, Marketing & Business Development, Information Technology, Facilities and Services. Depending on office size, various roles exist within these groups: Communications Co-ordinators, HR Assistants, Payroll Assistants, IT Trainers and Support Specialists, and Copy Centre staff. Davis LLP offers many great opportunities in a law firm environment.
Davis LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. As one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2008 to 2013, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients. If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! Come and experience the Davis difference!
We are currently looking for a Proposal Writer/Coordinator to join our Business Development and Marketing department and invite you to review the job description. The Proposal Writer/Coordinator will work closely with the Business Development and Marketing team, as well as lawyers across the firm in order to research information, draft, edit, and finalize proposals within tight deadlines.
Please note we are flexible to filling this position in Toronto, Vancouver, or Calgary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research information and develop custom content for pitches and proposals;
- Coordinate the proposal process from draft to submission, working closely with the Communications Manager and stakeholders as needed to ensure deadlines are met;
- Track proposal outcomes;
- Update and maintain proposal templates and past submissions;
- Write and customize content for marketing collateral;
- Manage the firm’s Proposal Generator System, ensuring information is kept up to date and training others on the system;
- Research and source potential opportunities; and
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, law firm or professional services environment preferred;
- Experience writing responses to RFPs, RFIs, Expressions of Interest, informed opportunities and Fee Letter requests from both public and private sectors;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel 2010;
- Experience with formatting the design and layout of proposals;
- Strong research skills, able to create, synthesize and manage research projects from inception through implementation;
- French or Japanese language skills (written & verbal) an asset;
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail, including having follow-up systems;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions; and
- Able to manage multiple internal clients and be adaptable to the needs of each.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We recognize that many of our employees in these areas are working towards gaining credentials to establish their careers. Whether that means acquiring CHRP credits or pursuing an accredited accounting designation, we encourage our employees’ career growth and support them by providing partial or full reimbursement of successful completion of workshops and programs related to their daily contributions at Davis LLP. Since each situation is different, we ask that employees talk to us about their goals first so that we can ensure we support them to the fullest.
We also offer in-house technical training courses to all employees to ensure they keep their skills current within the comforts of Davis LLP's offices.
Ours is truly a team environment. Our Business Services Professionals are invited to participate in firm functions such as Christmas parties, Summer Staff events, charitable fundraising campaigns, and sports teams and events.
How do I apply?
Apply online either to a specific posting or for general consideration.
What format should I submit my résumé in?
Please provide either a WORD or PDF document. Our system will automatically fill in the application and will attach your résumé.
Will you contact me regarding the status of my submission?
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your application. We will contact you if your credentials match opportunities within the firm.
How long will you keep my résumé on file?
We keep all résumés on file for one year.
Apply for General Consideration
Not seeing a position of interest? We are always seeking skilled and polished professionals to join our team. Click here to apply for general consideration