Business Services Professionals are an integral part of Davis LLP. Our staff provides essential services that support practice groups and individual practices, as well as the daily operations of the firm.
Our Business Services includes Human Resources, Finance, Marketing & Business Development, Information Technology, Facilities and Services. Depending on office size, various roles exist within these groups: Communications Co-ordinators, HR Assistants, Payroll Assistants, IT Trainers and Support Specialists, and Copy Centre staff. Davis LLP offers many great opportunities in a law firm environment.
Are you looking for an opportunity to support a Marketing team in an exciting, dynamic, busy environment? If so then come and experience the Davis Difference! We are currently looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our Marketing department to provide administrative support to Marketing team members located in both Vancouver and Toronto.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the marketing database: updating contact information, conducting clean-up and duplication resolution, entering new contacts, generating mailing/marketing lists, running reports and searches as needed, and managing opt-in and opt-out contact information;
- Assisting with the production of marketing collateral, bulletins and newsletters;
- Providing administrative support with the preparation of RFPs and proposals;
- Coordinating promotional items and gifts for sponsorships, events and other client activities;
- Administering firm promotional items for the various offices;
- Assisting with planning and executing internal and external events and seminars;
- Assisting with updating directory listings;
- Assisting with processing sponsorship requests;
- Conducting research as needed;
- Coordinating lawyer photo sessions;
- Maintaining and updating the firm’s website and intranet;
- Assisting with processing of Accounts Payable and cheque requests;
- Coordinating and assisting with special projects, such as the annual Holiday Card preparation and distribution, and internal firm events;
- Coordinating and maintaining the Marketing department calendar; and
- Supporting the team with other administrative duties as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required:
- Previous administrative or Marketing Assistant experience in a professional service environment preferred;
- Understanding of marketing concepts and expectations of a professional services firm;
- Able to adapt to and work within the firm’s culture;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with colleagues at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office 2010 (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Excellent knowledge of administrative procedures;
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS would be an asset;
- Familiarity with Adobe creative suite would be an asset;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions; and
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be adaptable to the needs of each.
About Us: Davis LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. As one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2008 to 2014, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We recognize that many of our employees in these areas are working towards gaining credentials to establish their careers. Whether that means acquiring CHRP credits or pursuing an accredited accounting designation, we encourage our employees’ career growth and support them by providing partial or full reimbursement of successful completion of workshops and programs related to their daily contributions at Davis LLP. Since each situation is different, we ask that employees talk to us about their goals first so that we can ensure we support them to the fullest.
We also offer in-house technical training courses to all employees to ensure they keep their skills current within the comforts of Davis LLP's offices.
Ours is truly a team environment. Our Business Services Professionals are invited to participate in firm functions such as Christmas parties, Summer Staff events, charitable fundraising campaigns, and sports teams and events.
How do I apply?
Apply online either to a specific posting or for general consideration.
What format should I submit my résumé in?
Please provide either a WORD or PDF document. Our system will automatically fill in the application and will attach your résumé.
Will you contact me regarding the status of my submission?
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your application. We will contact you if your credentials match opportunities within the firm.
How long will you keep my résumé on file?
We keep all résumés on file for one year.
Apply for General Consideration
Not seeing a position of interest? We are always seeking skilled and polished professionals to join our team. Click here to apply for general consideration