Business Services Professionals are an integral part of Davis LLP. Our staff provides essential services that support practice groups and individual practices, as well as the daily operations of the firm.
Our Business Services includes Human Resources, Finance, Marketing & Business Development, Information Technology, Facilities and Services. Depending on office size, various roles exist within these groups: Communications Co-ordinators, HR Assistants, Payroll Assistants, IT Trainers and Support Specialists, and Copy Centre staff. Davis LLP offers many great opportunities in a law firm environment.
Davis LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. As one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2008 to 2014, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! Come and experience the Davis Difference! We are currently looking for a Network/Voice Analyst to join our IT department and invite you to review the job description.
Please note this position is a one year contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Member of the infrastructure team responsible for overall systems health;
- Shares the responsibility for the design and operation of the network, including the cable plant, computer room, network hardware, network operating systems, LANs, WAN including MPLS, and VPN;
- Maintains and upgrade the Cisco VoIP and telephony infrastructure;
- Maintains and upgrade the Cisco network infrastructure including routers, switches, wireless controllers, and WAPs;
- Assists with the maintenance of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans and cut-over procedures as they pertain to the network;
- Provides and implements security recommendations as they pertain to the network;
- Provides high-level project work;
- Provides network documentation;
- Maintains internet connections and services;
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software;
- Handles escalations as appropriate to area of expertise;
- Provides after-hours escalation support to outsourced help desk as required;
- Mentors junior team members;
- Works closely with the IT team (including members in other offices) to ensure smooth IT operations firm-wide;
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required:
The following technologies would be considered an asset but not essential:
- UTM firewalls and load-balancers;
- Enterprise storage systems;
- Exchange and unified messaging including voicemail and Lync;
- Citrix server infrastructure;
- Enterprise document management systems;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP and Windows Server required;
- Knowledge of server hardware and server virtualization technologies required;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions;
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be adaptable to the needs of each; and
French or Japanese language skills (written & verbal) an asset but not required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We recognize that many of our employees in these areas are working towards gaining credentials to establish their careers. Whether that means acquiring CHRP credits or pursuing an accredited accounting designation, we encourage our employees’ career growth and support them by providing partial or full reimbursement of successful completion of workshops and programs related to their daily contributions at Davis LLP. Since each situation is different, we ask that employees talk to us about their goals first so that we can ensure we support them to the fullest.
We also offer in-house technical training courses to all employees to ensure they keep their skills current within the comforts of Davis LLP's offices.
Ours is truly a team environment. Our Business Services Professionals are invited to participate in firm functions such as Christmas parties, Summer Staff events, charitable fundraising campaigns, and sports teams and events.
How do I apply?
Apply online either to a specific posting or for general consideration.
What format should I submit my résumé in?
Please provide either a WORD or PDF document. Our system will automatically fill in the application and will attach your résumé.
Will you contact me regarding the status of my submission?
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your application. We will contact you if your credentials match opportunities within the firm.
How long will you keep my résumé on file?
We keep all résumés on file for one year.
Apply for General Consideration
Not seeing a position of interest? We are always seeking skilled and polished professionals to join our team. Click here to apply for general consideration