Business Services Professionals are an integral part of Davis LLP. Our staff provides essential services that support practice groups and individual practices, as well as the daily operations of the firm.
Our Business Services includes Human Resources, Finance, Marketing & Business Development, Information Technology, Facilities and Services. Depending on office size, various roles exist within these groups: Communications Co-ordinators, HR Assistants, Payroll Assistants, IT Trainers and Support Specialists, and Copy Centre staff. Davis LLP offers many great opportunities in a law firm environment.
Davis LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. As one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2008 to 2015, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! Come and experience the Davis Difference! We are currently looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our Finance department and invite you to review the job description.
Please note this position is for a six month contract.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Finance Department for the following areas: Accounts Payable, Billing, Costs, Cash Receipts, Cost Uploads, Conflicts and File Opening, and Collections;
- Assist the team with various special projects and department initiatives;
- Handle customer service requests by phone and email from clients;
- Analyze and evaluate potential changes to processes and procedures to increase efficiencies within the department;
- Obtain signatures on cheques and assist with bank runs when required;
- Assist with the implementation of approved changes to departmental processes;
- Assist with other duties as required throughout the Department.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or equivalent work experience with basic accounting procedures;
- Experience in a legal office or professional services firm;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions;
- Experience in any financial operating system, in particular Elite Information Systems, ARCS, and Legal Key;
- Proficiency with Excel and Word 2010;
- Strong technical aptitude;
- Detail oriented, methodical, well organized, with quick and efficient data entry skills;
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision;
- Desire to learn, initiate changes and to assume additional responsibilities as time progresses;
- Flexible to work occasional overtime as required;
- Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and consistently meet expectations by providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively respond appropriately and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals; and
- Strong ability to perform well and be unfailingly diplomatic in a high pressure environment with multiple internal clients.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
While we might not have a current opening in your area, we always welcome applications for all of our Staff positions.
We recognize that many of our employees in these areas are working towards gaining credentials to establish their careers. Whether that means acquiring CHRP credits or pursuing an accredited accounting designation, we encourage our employees’ career growth and support them by providing partial or full reimbursement of successful completion of workshops and programs related to their daily contributions at Davis LLP. Since each situation is different, we ask that employees talk to us about their goals first so that we can ensure we support them to the fullest.
We also offer in-house technical training courses to all employees to ensure they keep their skills current within the comforts of Davis LLP’s offices.
Ours is truly a team environment. Our Business Services Professionals are invited to participate in firm functions such as Christmas parties, Summer Staff events, charitable fundraising campaigns, and sports teams and events.
- How do I apply?
Apply online either to a specific posting or for general consideration.
- What format should I submit my résumé in?
Please provide either a WORD or PDF document. Our system will automatically fill in the application and will attach your résumé.
- Will you contact me regarding the status of my submission?
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your application. We will contact you if your credentials match opportunities within the firm.
- How long will you keep my résumé on file?
We keep all résumés on file for one year.
Apply for General Consideration
Not seeing a position of interest? We are always seeking skilled and polished professionals to join our team. Click here to apply for general consideration